I like the OWASP Top Ten for “developers” charts. From my point of view, it gives an awesome advice, where to start and helps to take care and remember what you maybe already know about web security implementation. From my side it feels a bit like “rub salt into the wound” of a developer soul, isn’t it so? Especially when you starting developing cloud native and microservices based applications.Continue reading
In this blog post I want to point out that I created a 18 min YouTube video related to the newly created workshop Get started with security for your Java Microservices made by Harald, Niklas and me .
I focus in that video on the topics authentication and authorization for Java Microservices with Keycloak, Quarkus and Microprofile. Have fun 😉
Select your starting point for the video:
- 03:44 – Setup local Keycloak using a Docker Container image
- 06:51 – Setup Vue.JS Frontend Web-App
- 10:55 – Setup Java Microservice build on Quarkus called Web-Api
- 13:53 – Setup Java Microservice build on Quarkus called Articles
The workshop documentation with MkDocs:
I hope this was useful for you and let’s see what’s next?
#Authorization, #Authentication, #Java, #Microprofile, #Quarkus, #Keycloak
The reason of that blog post is, that the information in the REST API documentation wasn’t detailed enough for me. The image shows what I found first in the Keycloak REST API documentation .
In common it’s very simple to use the Keycloak REST API. For more details see in my blog post Getting started to secure a simple Java Microservice with Keycloak, MicroProfile and OpenLiberty.
First you need a bearer authorization token for an administration user and with that token you create a new realm using the realm json exported before.
Here is what I found:
- … for the Authorization user for administrative tasks, I got the missing pieces in the Keycloak documentation here.
- … for the submit of the realm json, I got the missing pieces as a part of the answer on StackOverflow “Unable to create Keycloak realm via the rest admin API: Unsupported Media Type“.